Public Prevention of Pneumonia Caused by NovelCoronavirus
The pneumonia causedby novel coronavirus is a newly-found disease from which the public shouldstrengthen prevention. In order to help foreigners understand and master therelevant knowledge of prevention, National Immigration Administration hascompiled and translated this guideaccording to the Public Prevention Notes provided by the Chinese Center forDisease Control and Prevention.
I. Reduce outdooractivities as much as possible
1. Avoid visitingareas where the disease is prevalent.
2. It is recommendedto make less visits to relatives and friends and dining together during theepidemic prevention and control, and stay at home as much as possible.
3. Try to avoid visitsto crowded public areas, especially places of poor ventilation, such as publicbathrooms, hot springs, cinemas, internet bars, Karaokes, shopping malls,bus/train stations, airports, ferry terminals and exhibition centers, etc.
II. Personal Protection andHand Hygiene
1. It is recommendedthat a mask shall be worn when going out. A surgical or N95 mask shall be wornwhen visiting public areas, hospitals or taking public transportation.
2. Keep your handssanitized. Try to avoid touching public objects and parts in public areas. Afterreturning from public areas, covering your cough, using the restroom, andbefore meals, please wash your hands with soap or liquid soap under runningwater, or use alcoholic hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyeswhen you are unsure whether your hands are clean or not. Cover your mouth andnose with your elbow when sneeze or cough.
III. Health Monitoring andSeeking Medical Attention
1. Monitor thehealth conditions of your family members and yourself. Measure your temperatureswhen you feel like having a fever. If you have kid(s) at home, touch the kid’sforehead in the morning and at night. Measure the kid’s temperature in case offever.
2. Wear a mask andseek medical attention at nearby hospitals in case of suspicious symptoms. Goto medical institution in a timely manner in case of the suspicious symptomsrelating to the pneumonia caused by novel coronavirus are found. Such symptomsinclude fever, cough, pharyngalgia, chest distress, dyspnea, mildly poorappetite, feebleness, mild lethargy, nausea, diarrhea, headache, palpitation, conjunctivitis,mildly sore limb or back muscles, etc. Try to avoid taking metro, bus and otherpublic transportation and visiting crowded areas. Tell the doctor your traveland residence history in epidemic areas, and who you met after you got the disease.Cooperate with your doctor on the relevant queries.
IV. Keep Good Hygiene andHealth Habits
1. Frequently openthe windows of your house for better ventilation.
2. Do not sharetowels with your family members. Keep your home and tableware clean. Sun-cureyour clothes and quilts often.
3. Do not spit. Wrapyour oral and nasal secretion with tissue and throw it in a covered dustbin.
4. Balance yournutrition and exercise moderately.
5. Do not touch, buyor eat wild animals (gamey). Try to avoid visiting markets that sell live animals.
6. Preparethermometer, surgical or N95 masks, domestic disinfectant and other supplies athome.